HOW DO WE HOLD OUR GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE?
The public has a right to expect government agencies to have a real and valid purpose and to be run efficiently. Each government agency should be established to meet a real public need than cannot be met by the private sector. The agency should be adequately funded to achieve its objectives. Its work should be reviewed periodically to determine whether it should be terminated, stay as it is, or be expanded.
- Accountability, Transparency and Corruption in Decentralized Governance [Issues in Program Design]
- What is Government Transparency, Citizen Participation and Open Government? [New Tactics]
- Review of Accountable Governance: Problems and Promises [naspaa.org]
- Transparency: Who does it hold accountable? [International Growth Center]
- Tackling Corruption: Empowering Citizens To Hold Their Governments Accountable [DIPNOTE]
- Active participation of citizens to hold governments accountable essential to success of post 2015 goals [World Vision International]
- Governance and Accountability [Open Society Foundations]
- Public Accountability in the 21st Century: New Challenges and Prospects [PA Times]
- Policy paper 2010 to 2015 government policy: government transparency and accountability [gov.uk]
- How to hold local government accountable [GroundUp]
- How to make sense of government accountability [The World Bank]